Friday, July 5, 2013

It's Friday!


1. Haircuts for the girls!
2. Matchy Matchy! 




















1. Haircuts for the girls! I'm a firm believer in a good haircut. I don't do anything over the top with my hair and I'm not saying that it looks great all the time (I'm a girl in progress here!), but a good haircut is a great starting point. Some of my favorite days are the ones where I get to take the little lady to get hers done with me. I think she feels kind of special, and a professional cutting her hair is way better than me trying. Thank you Kristi Jo at Studio 417 for great cuts!

2. Somehow my hubs and I ended up with matching sunglasses last weekend. My previous pair had broken a few weeks ago and I've literally been wearing them broken since. The lens would constantly fall out and drive me crazy. I stumbled on a good sale Friday night at LOFT and liked this pair the best. We've also been talking about how Chris needed a pair of sunglasses. With all his eye trouble his eyes need to be protected and they've told us to hold off on getting anything new with a prescription until his eyes heal more and settle down, but a regular pair is great to wear with contacts. We came across these at a little store downtown near the salon on Saturday and realized we'd match, but hey we're cute like that and they just looked good on him. So we went with it. Don't make fun.


3. Kids at Work
3. Kids at Work

3. The kids each got to join me for a day at work this week. How can you not want to hang out with those faces. I mean for real! As a mom, and a woman who strives to live according to God's Word, I recognize that my family always needs to be in a place of high priority in my life. I am a wife and mom before I am a... whatever I am at work. So these days of getting to bring them with me are really special for me. And I hope that they remember them with fond memories.

4. S'mores!

4. We are having the most amazing summer as far as weather goes this year. I can't remember EVER in southwest Missouri enjoying temps like these in the low 80's at the beginning of July. And the evenings actually get cool. It's seriously glorious for a girl like me who much prefers to be chilly over being hot. So on the 3rd we enjoyed our fire pit and roasted some S'mores. Apparently we weren't the only ones with that idea as when I went to our local Wal-mart to grab marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate. Everything was almost out!

5. Fireworks downtown


5. We enjoyed the 4th at the pool, grilling out with friends, and watching the fireworks downtown. I love a good fireworks show! And I love enjoying it with our family!

What's been going on in your life? How is God stretching and growing you?



 photo H54Fbutton-1_zpsa7aaa665.png

1 comment:

  1. Your kids are adorable! I remember my mom taking me to work with her and I had such good memories of it, so I'm sure your kids will too! Stopping by from H54F :)

    Suzy @ Happy Wife, Happy Life

    ReplyDelete