Monday, September 16, 2013

Chicken Tortilla Soup

One of my favorite soups to throw together is Chicken Tortilla soup. It takes just a few simple ingredients that I usually have around the house and it's the perfect warm punch of flavor on a cool day.  I love finding ways to feed my family fresh, tasty food on a budget. It's one small way I can be a Godly wife, mother, and homemaker, fulfilling my Biblical roles while loving every bite!

Ingredients:

Soup

  • 4-6 cups of Chicken Broth (I like to make mine at home and freeze it)
  • 1-2 cups of chunky salsa (Our local grocery stores have a $1 section that has the perfect salsa for this. I've found the cheapest ones work best in this soup)
  • 1 cup of corn (Frozen or canned)
  • Precooked chicken (I love to use leftovers from a roasted whole chicken, or I'll bake it in the oven right before making the soup)
  • Black Beans (optional)
  • Leftover Rice (optional)


Garnish:

  • Mexian Cheese
  • Sour Cream
  • Avacado
  • Tortilla Chips or Corn Bread


Put all the soup ingredients together in a Stock pot and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes. Serve!




No comments:

Post a Comment