Thursday, January 14, 2010

When I need wisdom.....

Today I realized how desperately in need of wisdom I am. Chris and I are facing some circumstances that we just aren't quite sure what to do with. There are several options, all of which look wise in their own way, but none of them seem just right, leaving us not really sure what to do. And while I've certainly been praying for these decisions I realized on the way to work this morning that I hadn't been asking for one thing that I very much need... wisdom. God, in his providence, has this whole thing planned out perfectly, but I don't know what He's got up His sleeve yet, and we very much want to make choices that will honor Him and sustain us in the days, weeks, months, and years ahead. It reminded me of James 1. Starting in verse two it says,

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways....
Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him."

"Lord, today we desperately need your wisdom, which You promise to give us generously! Please allow us to know enough information to make clear which path we should take. I trust You to lead us down the path for our lives that will bring you the most honor and end up for our good, our sanctification. Please sustain us in these days and weeks ahead as your plan for us unfolds and allow us to make the good choices you have for us! We are so grateful for your unfailing love and graciousness toward us!"

1 comment: