Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pizza Quesadillas

I've tried and tried and tried to make GOOD homemade pizza. But I have never consistently gotten the crust right. So I gave up and we've been eating Papa Murphy's more than I like to admit, because we can't go much more than a week without pizza (I can't help it. I grew up in Chicagoland!). So last week in a moment of desperation, and on a night when daddy wasn't home and I wanted something fun to do with my toddlers, I scoured Pinterest for some creativity and we ended up making Pizza Quesadillas. And it. was. fantastic.!! The kids had a blast making their own little pizzas and they gobbled them up! Success! Here's how we did it:




Ingredients:
-Tortillas (We prefer Stacy's Organic's from Mama Jean's locally!)
-Pizza Sauce (Muir Glen's is FANTASTIC!)
-Pizza blend Cheese
-Toppings (we used black olives, pepperoni, onion, and yellow pepper from the farmer's market)
-Oil for frying, I like Coconut Oil
-2 Cute toddlers (optional, although it's much more fun with them :)




1. Pile on your cheese and toppings onto one side of the tortilla. The littles might need help understanding the concept of a half. But let them have fun with it!

2. Fold the tortilla in half and fry each side till nice and crisp. Let it cool for a few minutes before eating.

3. Give each person some pizza sauce for dipping.

4. Dip away! And enjoy your 'pizza.'




Confession: Mine was so good I went back and made a second. Then I was stuffed. I'm working on that portion control concept.

Easy, peasy week night dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment