Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Things I'm Reading and Loving....

1. My husband and I were sitting at our kitchen table chatting last night after the kiddos were in bed about God's glory and our good and how the two intersect, and how sometimes it doesn't feel like they intersect. As if God's good is only reserved for some people that seem to have all the blessings. And I was reminded of this article I read a few weeks ago that asks..... 'Is God's glory His only goal?' It's a good question because I know that God works for His glory, but sometimes when His glory doesn't feel very pleasant in my own life, it can be tempting to view God's glory as my enemy. As if Him working for His glory is always going to hurt me. I forget about the other parts of my God.... his faithfulness, his goodness, how he always keeps his promises, his gentleness and kindness, and many more. Parts of my God that are HIM. Not something that sometimes come out of him, but they are who he is. He is the very definition of these things. It was an encouragement to me.

2. Thank you Al Mohler for the good reminder of the importance of bed times for my littles, and of what we do with our bed time routine with our children. I want to use mine for the sake of the gospel.

3. Isn't this little girl's Bubble dress adorbs?!

source: www.realsimple.com


4. These stairs...... I swoon.

5. I made this ravioli bake for dinner last week and was reminded of what a simple weeknight dinner it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment