Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Things I've been reading and loving.

1. Daddy issues. I have them. You have them. Lots of girls have them, because we all have imperfect fathers. Here is a beautiful response to them.

2. "Why I keep saying no" to sex before marriage. Sometimes it just takes putting your foot down. And this girl has done that. Bravvo.

3. Have you been susceptible to any of these Lies American Christians Believe? If I'm not careful I believe the lie far too easily.

4. I love 'then and now' photos like this and this one is fun because it's my college town.

5. I've been wrestling with my faith lately and the Mahaney girls keep posting some scriptures and thoughts that have encouraged me this week. The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.” (Psalm 121:7-8, ESV)

 6. 'It is wrong and uncharitable to think of God as a Person who finds twisted pleasure in watching you squirm. He is not like this at all. He is all-wise, all-knowing, and all-loving.' 

When life puts you in a cycle of things just. going. wrong. Seeing God as one who finds pleasure in watching you squirm can become something easy. It's a perspective that we know God's Word doesn't teach, but in our flesh, we find comforting temptation in. This article encouraged me to think Biblically.


No comments:

Post a Comment