Friday, July 12, 2013

High Five for Friday!

It's Friday! I'm I'm hooking up with The Lauren Elizabeth today for High Five for Friday and Darci of the Good life for Five on FridayAs I shared yesterday, this week has been tense. And I feel like I haven't seen the kids much due to #5 below, but, even despite some of the situations that have been going on, it's been a tremendous week of growth for me in grace and faith and that alone has made it a good week. Here's a few other reasons why..... :)


1. Big kid class for the little lady! 

1. Chris and I are in the rotation to teach the 3-5 year old class at church. I was only willing to do this because it got me out of working in the nursery. I'm not ashamed to admit that. Little kids aren't my forte. I can do it, but my hubs does the brunt of the work in this class. And fortunately I don't have to help them in the bathroom very often! Ha! The little lady isn't quite 3 yet, but by the time we rotate out she'll be having her birthday, so we thought it would make a nice transition for her to start coming in just for Sunday School with us and learn how to sit through a short lesson. She was ecstatic to join the big kids! She's got some learning to do as far as sitting still and not bothering her neighbors, but overall I think it will be a nice transition for her.

2. Sunday night church roller skating party! 
2. Sunday night we had our first ever Sonrise Baptist Church family night roller skating party. I was totally out of my element and terrified when I realized the place had NO WALLS, but I made it without falling a single time and my kids had the time of their lives! The little lady was fearless and spent almost the whole night on the skating rink floor making her rounds. A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E. 
3. Orange Leaf!
3. After all that skating we had worked up an appetite and the whole crew of us headed to Orange Leaf for some frozen Yogurt. We took the place over. For real I think our church crew were the only ones in there for much of the time we were there and the kids enjoyed their yogurt with random candy on it like the gummy worms my daughter is eating above. (BTW... for all my Illini fan friends, my daughter insisted on wearing that shirt that day :) 


4. Swimming and waiting for lunch.....
 4. The kids spent Monday at the pool with their Aunt Brittany and she made them wait a little longer than they wanted to for lunch (Um.... it's only 10:30 kids!) and this was the little lady's reaction. Isn't she a stinker?!

5. Painting, lots of painting! 

5. This has been my evenings this week. Painting, lots and lots of painting at my sisters new place. Exciting stuff that I'm sure I'll show more of soon!

How has your week been? How has God been growing you?


 photo H54Fbutton-1_zpsa7aaa665.png

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun week! I'm stopping by from H54F, and LOVE your header! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete