Friday, July 26, 2013

It's F.R.I.D.A.Y.!!!

Welcome to Friday! It seems like the days of each week are dragging on and flying by all at the same time. You ever feel that way?

This week started out special with my 32nd Birthday. Yes, I just admitted to my age. Although if you ask my kids I'm working at training them that I am forever 26. It was a fantastic day spent with our church family (it was Sunday), followed by a delicious lunch at Rosati's pizza (the only place I know of to get Chicago style deep dish pizza around here), and a relaxing afternoon at home. My sister made me the pound cake we used to make as kids. It's a true pound cake.... a pound of butter, 6 eggs, a pound of powdered sugar, a pound of flour, etc. And let me tell you, it's gloriousness in my mouth, with strawberries and whipped cream. Just as my family started to sing me Happy Birthday it started to rain outside. It was perfection and after a hard week kind of like God smiling down on me. Cheesy thought perhaps, but I needed a little pick me up and that rainfall hit the spot for me. It's the little blessings. So I'm 32 now, and I'm not sure how I feel about it :) But I'm blessed with the 2 cutest kids, and an incredible husband. I couldn't ask for more.
The kids found a mini tornado in the corner of this stopping strip on Saturday.  They thought the leaves swirling in circles were pretty cool.

Happy Birthday to me with my fave little girl! 

She loves pizza about as much as I do. Girl after my own heart. 

The rain.... glorious rain! 

My brother in law thought it'd be funny to add 10 years to my age and get me candles that said '42.' I put a quick stop to that and turned them around! 


And one with my boy! 

Random rainbow later in the week. I can't remember which day, but it wasn't even raining. 


I'm I'm hooking up with The Lauren Elizabeth today for High Five for Friday and Darci of the Good life for Five on Friday


 photo H54Fbutton-1_zpsa7aaa665.png



THE GOOD LIFE BLOG  

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! We share the same age! :) It's not too bad..hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, New to your blog via this blog hop. Happy belated Birthday!! Looks like you had a great day. I get often get mistaken for being younger, however only a few months behind you. Love your pictures, really nice.

    ReplyDelete