Tuesday, June 18, 2013

What I've been reading and loving....

Some of my fave articles and pictures from the last week:

1. This was timely advice for me last week. I have to remind myself often to slow down. As a working mom of 2 toddlers I feel like I'm always in a hurry. And my little people just don't grasp time, or that fact that I'm always running late! I appreciated the reminder to just enjoy life with them and not make everything such a big hurry. This was great too, 'When my heart is all self-centered and I get angry that anyone could even think to impose on me for one more thing, I need to beg God for help.' I can't ever stop praying for myself as I parent, and for my little ones' hearts!

2. My sister and her hubs are currently building a house literally 3 streets away from the home we rent. (I think she's not so subtly sending me a message that I can't move my kids away from her!) I thought these were great tips from 6th Street Design School for upgrades that are worth paying for and ones that are not when you are building a house.

image via 6thstreetdesignschool.blogspot.com


3. A former teen that we worked with in the church my husband was on staff at in Tulsa visited us this last weekend. It was so nice to catch up and we had several good conversations about life and theology and the collision of the two! One of her dear friends converted out of the Catholic church. I saw this book today and it looks like a good and helpful read.



4. I finally figured out how to do a decent top knot from freckled-fox.com.  Thank you!

5. How cute would it be to make matching shirts for me and the little lady?!



6. I made this One Pot Wonder Tomato Basil Pasta 2 weeks ago. It was absolutely incredible!

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment