Tuesday, June 25, 2013

What I've been reading and loving...

1. I desperately want to teach our children well about sex. What is right and what is wrong and how it fits into God's big picture. I want to protect their little hearts and do my best to help them choose purity and righteousness over sin. I thought this article had some good suggestions in it.

The sweet little lady hanging out at the office with me yesterday! Love these days! 


2. This article has had people talking. I think very differently than this woman based on my understanding of Scripture and how God has designed us as women. and I say that as a working mom. But it's worth looking at to understand how many women do think. She does not seem to have anything near a biblical view of womanhood, motherhood, or her work. I'm guessing she's not a believer. But sometimes it's good to evaluate thinking that's 'on the other side.'

3. Strawberry shortcake is one of my favorites parts of summer. I grew up with acres and acres of strawberry plants thanks to my over ambitious step-dad and his love of gardening. We always had more strawberries than we knew what to do with. Store bought berries have nothing on the fresh from the garden kind by the way. Making strawberry shortcake is one of my favorites though and this is a fun twist on the old favorite!

4. I'm not much a photographer, which is why you'll see most of my photos are from instagram. But these tips were helpful to me, even with a standard point and shoot. Especially the tips on the white managements. My little camera has some nice presents that you can adjust for the lighting and I've found it very helpful!

5. Spending time together worshiping as a family is something I want to work at as my kids get older. Two toddlers don't do this very well, but spending time in the Word together, for purposeful teaching is important. This article has some good tips.



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment