Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Things I'm Reading and Loving

Well hello there Tuesday. It's nice to see you. The kids and I have been enjoying the beautiful fall weather this weekend. We enjoyed the little lady's 3rd Birthday and her party, we played tennis outside and rode bikes yesterday and even got a little park time in today. October is my favorite month of the year! The cool crisp air adds energy to my day and I have a few favorite streets in town that I go out of my way to drive down just to watch the leaves turn each week. God's beauty in the seasons astounds me every year and every fall I fall head over heals in love with autumn fresh and anew.

Enough basking in the cool weather and on with some of my fave links for the week!



1. I've not been very present on Twitter recently. Not sure why. It hasn't captured my attention like Instagram. Facebook even bores lately. But apparently I missed some funny stuff the other day. Challies filled me in on the whole #addawordruinachristianbook hashtag and I was sitting on the couch last night LOLing (laughing out loud). This is some pretty funny stuff.

2. This simple little Pinterest pin and the C.S. Lewis quote on it really got me thinking.

"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage."

 I really hate the way my kids play sometimes. Our little boy loves everything about sword fights and gun shooting. And I really want him to properly understand violence. We live in a world that has become so violent. And for a long time his play has made me a bit uneasy. BUT.... I don't know, maybe it's not all bad. Because the reality is, evil is alive and present in the world. Satan hasn't left yet. And man alone has enough evil in his own heart. I want to be creative and active in giving Landon brave heroes that he can model himself after so that he can have heard of 'brave knights and heroic courage.'

3. Have you seen that Target is now carrying Nespresso brand espresso makers? I'm pretty excited. My sister has one and I stop by a few mornings a week to make my coffee at her house, because it's just that good (and my sister lives in my neighborhood. It's cheaper and faster than a Starbucks!).

4. One of my favorite restaurants in town is Flame. My company used to take us there for Christmas every year and it was always a highlight of the holiday season for me. Not only do they have fabulous steaks, but really my favorite thing is their Lobster Macaroni and Cheese. The girls of A BEAUTIFUL MESS have recreated the recipe and I'm dying to try it!

5. Carolyn McCulley always has a nice perspective and I apprecaite her article on Boundless about Spiritual Gifts.


'Make love your aim, and you never have to be self-conscious about your efforts. Love never fails.'  

she says. 

5. And finally...........

Source Unknown




Aren't you?!!



No comments:

Post a Comment